1 – Site Presentation
These conditions of use for the “Assassin's Creed Council” website found at the following address http://assassin-council.ubi.com/, hereafter referred to as the Site, define the terms and conditions of use of the Site by users accessing it. A user is any person that connects to the Site or navigates on the Site.
The conditions of use may be modified at any time by UBISOFT without prior notice, with the modified conditions of use coming into effect as soon as they are published online. We recommend that users regularly read the conditions of use. Regardless of whether they do so, users are deemed to have accepted them through simply using the Site.
It is to be noted that the game Assassin's Creed, upon which the Site is based, is a videogame aimed at people age 18 and over. The Site allows users to obtain, share and comment the most recent news about the game Assassin's Creed. The Site also allows users to reply to questions asked by UBISOFT from time to time, and their responses may have an influence on the development of the game.
The Site is open to all. However, only users that have a Uplay account and have used it to sign into the Site are able to interact with the Site. Uplay is a multi-platform service, available in over 50 games, which allows players to complete actions, obtain rewards and interact with other players.
Uplay accounts can be created at the following address: http://uplay.ubi.com;
The Uplay terms and conditions of use can be consulted at the following address: https://legal.ubi.com/termsofuse/
User who do not have a Uplay account can still share content published on the site via the social networks.
4 – Cookies
During use of the “Assassin's Creed Council” site, cookies are registered on the user's computer, smartphone or tablet.
The following information allows users to inform themselves about the various types of cookies and trackers that may be deposited during their navigation on the site, and how these may be configured.
a. Definition of a cookie
A cookie is data recorded on the user's hard drive by the site's server.
It contains several pieces of data:
• the name of the server that deposited it there;
• a unique, identifying number;
• in some cases an expiration date…
The aim of a cookie is to record information about users' navigation and provide them with services adapted to their terminal (computer, smartphone or tablet).
Cookies can be managed via the user's web browser.
b. The various emitters
The cookies placed by Ubisoft on the user's terminal are for the needs of navigation, optimisation and personalisation of the Site's services, as well as for measuring the number of visits.
More precisely, the cookies deposited by Ubisoft allow Ubisoft to:
- establish volume and statistics for the visit and use of the Site's various elements (sections and contents visited, visit pathway), that allow Ubisoft to improve the attractiveness and ergonomics of its services;
- attach social network “plug-ins” allowing the supplier of the social network in question to identify a user of its network during the visit of the Site;
- adapt the presentations of the Site to the user's terminal's preferences (language used, display resolution, operating system used, etc.) during the user's visits to the Site, depending on the material capabilities and reading / visualisation software on the terminal;
- adapt the self-promotion modules of the Site to the presentation preference of the user's terminal (language used, display resolution, operating system used, etc.) depending on the material capabilities and reading / visualisation software on the terminal;
- adapt the self-promotion content (trailers, information about the game…) displayed on the terminal by Ubisoft's self-promotion modules, depending on the navigation of the terminal on the Site;
Users may deactivate ads targeted to their centres of interest on Google and the web via the ad parameters.
c. Web browser parameters
Users can choose at any moment to desactivate these cookies. Their web browsers can also be set to inform users each time a cookie is deposited on their system, and ask whether authorisation is granted or refused.
If users decide to accept that cookies be deposited on their terminals, the cookies included in the pages and content they have accessed may be stocked temporarily in a dedicated space in their terminals. Only the emitter can access them there.
In order to manage cookies to users' satisfaction, Ubisoft invites them to take into account the use made of these cookies when setting their web browsers.
If cookies are refused, Ubisoft declines all responsibility for consequences related to the reduced functionality of its services resulting from the fact that it is impossible for Ubisoft to register or consult the cookies refused or deleted by users which are necessary for said services to function.
Setting cookie parameters in different web browsers
Cookie management may be different for each web browser, and is generally described in the browser's help menu, allowing users to learn how to modify cookies to suit their needs and wishes.